ASM Metals Business
- Successful production of pre-sintered permanent magnets, with properties and quality confirmed by the Korean Institute of Rare Metals (KIRAM).
- A 75kg/day run of titanium (Ti) metal powder was successfully produced by Ziron Tech at a pilot scale (metal purity 99.918%, O2 < 300ppm).
- Quality and significant environmental benefits of high purity titanium powders confirmed by independent 3D-printed metal part producer HANA AMT. Completion of the 5,200tpa Korean Metals Plant (KMP)1 study confirming strong economics
- Estimated capital: approximately US$35-45 million
- Estimated annual revenue: approximately US$180-190 million
- Estimated annual EBITDA: approximately US$45-$50 million
- Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Chungcheongbuk-do (Chungbuk) Provincial Government and Cheongju-si (Cheongju), City Government to locate ASM’s first metals plant (KMP) within the Ochang Foreign Investment Zone in South Korea.
Dubbo Project Optimisation
- South Korean companies identified to progress a build, own, operate (BOO) development for the provision of renewable power, chlor-alkali plant, directly for the Dubbo Project.
- Progressing opportunities to leverage the full breadth and depth of South Korean manufacturing capabilities to provide valuable support in the development of the Dubbo Project.
- Announced an equity raising to primarily fund the final engineering and construction of the proposed 100% owned KMP, and accelerate the Dubbo Project’s detailed construction design.
- Executed non-disclosure agreements and advanced discussions with several large South Korean corporations as prospective partners.
- Continued discussions with potential strategic, and engineering and construction, partners in South Korea to present the potential economic benefits of ASM’s “mine to manufacturing” strategy.
- Progressing discussions with South Korean Government and financial groups regarding the financing of the Dubbo Project.
- Advanced discussions and negotiations with South Korean metals manufacturers about titanium, NdFeB, dysprosium and zirconium offtake arrangements.
- Strategic engagement with key South Korean Government departments (Korean Institute of Technology, KORES and Ministry of Trade and Industry) on the development of the Dubbo Project.
Download the Full Quarterly Report
1 Refer to ASX announcement 2 March 2021. The material assumptions underpinning the scoping study continue to apply and have not materially changed