Australian Strategic Materials and its wholly-owned subsidiaries are committed to ensuring that the personal information of any people who deal with us is only collected, stored and used for legitimate and lawful purposes and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles embodied in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended).
In summary, personal information is information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual and may include your name, title, address and e-mail address, place of work and contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile).
We may collect, store or use your personal information:
- for employment, recruitment, business, operational or administrative purposes;
- if we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- for the purposes of communicating with you and other internal and external stakeholders about our business activities (e.g. in company brochures, media releases, mailing lists);
- where we have obtained your consent to do so; or
- in circumstances which would be reasonably contemplated by you.
In some limited circumstances it may also be necessary or appropriate for personal information to be shared for legitimate and lawful purposes with our shareholders, contractors, suppliers, consultants, related parties or other people or organisations which help us undertake our business activities (who may be located in another country).
We will not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with third parties and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is protected from unauthorised access or use.
You may request a copy of any personal information which we hold about you by sending an e-mail to the Privacy Officer. If you notify us that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, irrelevant or out-of-date we will take reasonable steps to correct that personal information.