ASM Korean Metals Technology
- High purity titanium (Ti) metal 20.8kg produced assaying 99.83%
- Innovative metals process confirms 70% lower energy consumption
- Ziron Tech optimisation increases metal efficiency by 50%
- Significant environmental benefits of innovative metal process confirmed
- Production of 7.6kg of neodymium metal at 99.8% purity
- Production of 5.3kg praseodymium metal assaying 99.3% purity
- Production of 9.2kg of titanium metal powder assaying 99.83%
- Production of 9.0kg of Neodymium Praseodymium (NdPr) alloy assaying 99.65%
- Production of 7.5kg of heavy rare earth dysprosium metal assaying 99.53%
Optimisation of the Dubbo Project
- Work completed on initial flotation test work programme to deliver an increased ore feed grade to the solvent extraction plant. The integration of flotation into the proven flowsheet is a key part of targeting a reduction in the capital and operating costs for the development of the Dubbo Project.
- Production of metals from the Dubbo Project products have confirmed the proven flowsheet.
- Key products defined as zirconia, dehafniated zirconia for zirconium metal production and hafnium oxide; rare earths in the form of oxides for neodymium, praseodymium, dysprosium and terbium, and niobium.
- Hatch engineering has been engaged to complete the optimisation study by the end of the first quarter 2021.
- Successful demerger from Alkane Resources Ltd
- Cash position totalled A$16.5M
- Acquisition of a 95% interest in joint venture partner Ziron Technology Corporation (Ziron Tech)
- Ziron Tech acquisition gives ASM ownership of all associated intellectual property including patented metal-refining technology
- Ziron Tech team will continue development of metallisation technology within ASM